YOUR HVO FACTSHEET
What is HVO as a fuel?
- HVO is 100% fossil fuel free.
- HVO is a clear liquid that is part of the paraffinic family.
- HVO fuel carries International Sustainability and Carbon Certification
(ISCC), which is an independent certification system that rates various fuels based on their environmental effects. This means that HVO meets the minimum environmental, traceability, and social requirements.
- HVO is also fully biodegradable, which means that in the event of a leak or a spillage of this fuel, any potential environmental damage will be minimal. HVO fuel is compliant with the EU REACH regulations under the OECD test guideline 301 B, which is another point in favour of its biodegradability.
- The crops used in manufacturing HVO fuel do not damage the environment or the ecosystem. This makes HVO fuel a very attractive alternative for homeowners and companies that are seeking to go green.
- HVO is produced from waste, residue oils and fats.
How does it work in your heating system
- Drop in replacement for Kerosene, so order from your normal fuel suppliers.
- Has a 10 year extended storage lifespan in your tank.
- Max £400 upgrade cost to your boiler required.
- 90% reduction in your GHG (Greenhouse Gas) emissions.
- On average an annual reduction of up to 6 tons of CO2 per household.
- Boiler’s high-efficiency is maintained.
- HVO is kinder to the boiler with less deteriorationover time.